Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Tulipa 'Talitha' Stage Three

I have started to increase the colour in the painting, adding less water to the colour washes.  
I added another wash of neutral tint and midnight green to deepen the background. I decided the background needed a couple more leaves, and lifted out with a damp brush, some of the background colour, then I added a lighter green. I also lifted out some highlights on the leaves and stems. 
The fringes are quite tricky to paint, I am adding some white gouache to achieve the effect I want. Next week I shall finish the Tulipa painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment